Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Good morning sports art fans... I have been caught in a whirlwind of activity ever since I chose "sport art as my niche". I started in fine arts 4 years ago today painting everything from abstract to Impressionism with bold splashes of color. 6 months ago in Reno a very wealthy business man approached me and asked if he could sit down and look at my art portfolio. Of course, then an offendable moment came. He saw my aspen trees, my sunflower paintings and my recent favorite the wild horses. He said stop painting this other work and paint sports art. He said that is your niche and you will become a millionaire if you pursue it. He told me that fine art is tyed to the economy but sport art is not. He said I will help you make your first million then I'm out, I don't want any money for it but I have the connections to sports team owners. I was offended and blessed in the same moment. I started with Tim Lincecum in 2010 in which I painted him during the World Series.Since that time I painted Buster Posey and Sergio Romo. The demand that has come to me from the Giants fans is so big I am painting 6 paintings at once with more to come including Ishikawa, Pence, and my current favorite Madbum.

I'm not a savy technical guy so a tad slow but improving as I go... So here is my first web store. More to come...


https://squareup.com/market/miketatestudio




No comments:

Post a Comment